Monday, November 15, 2010

Bird's Nest Spoon

Good Morning!
I want to share this adorable Bird's Nest on a spoon easel.  Isn't it cute?

I had Barbara Jean over at Treasures from the Heart make it for my Mom's 83rd birthday.

Of course Mom loved it!
We were lucky enough to visit Barb's shop in Eugene, OR recently and these are some little treasures I found there.  I just love little things!  The book I've had for years but all else I got at Barb's.


Her tea bag roses and baby shoes are wonderful.  She has great tutorials for both of these on her blog.  I also couldn't pass up the finial, small frame and the old thread box.

And then we have a tiny jar of buttons!  A must have for me!
Mom and I had such fun that day. Good memories. These little gems are just a small portion of our treasures.  In fact we filled up the entire back portion of the Jeep and it was only the beginning of our trip.
I can't wait to go back!  Walking into Barb's shop is like taking a step back in time. 
Pure pleasure!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The spooned nest is adorable and I love that jar of buttons. Stopped by to say congratulations on Cindy's kitchen tag. Have a gorgeous Monday!

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Karen,
Just had to tell you that I'm going to see Barb tomorrow! I can't wait! I met her through my blog and she seems like she is just the sweetest. We are going to make the lace flowers. I am going to try to make those tea roses too. I just love them. And that spoon nest? Isn't that the cutest? I bet your mom just loved that. Thanks for sharing your beautiful things.
Have a great week!
Blessings,
Sonya
http://countingmyblessings-sonyawalker.blogspot.com/

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Karen,
Oh--it is all so lovely!!! What a thrill for you, I am sure!
Barb is super-talented and a wonderful, amazing person.

I hope you're having a great day!
XO

Barbara Jean said...

Karen,
I am so glad she loved it and that she had a nice birthday.
Thank you for the sweet post dear friend.

hugs and blessings

barb

Juli@Korotaeva said...

Oh, Karen! Everything is so beutiful! Lucky you to get such wonderful treasures! :-)

Dorthe said...

Dear Karen
what sweet treasures you bought at Barba Jean`s -the spoon is wonderfull, and love the shoe full of tea-bag roses-I too ,love to visit her blog.
Thankyou for your dear comment Karen.
Your blog is beautifull, and inspirational, too.
XO- Dorthe