Monday, January 17, 2011

Cheerios!

 I love Cheerios!  They are my go-to comfort food.  Yesterday I made my hubby this delicious, easy, sweet and crunchy snack. I don't know what it's called but here's the recipe. 
7 oz. cheerios
1 cup brown sugar
1 cube butter
1/4 cup lite corn syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Spray or grease (butter) a cookie sheet.  Next heat sugar, butter, syrup and salt until boiling.  Then cook 2 minutes longer stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and add the baking soda.  Stir well.  Put the cheerios in a large bowl, add the hot mixture and stir again.  Place in cookie sheet, spread out and bake 15 minutes.  Cool and cut into squares.
This would be good with different cereals, raisins, nuts, dried fruit etc.
I'm finally over my double dose of bronchitis and it was great to be up and doing something fun and easy!

1 comment:

Barbara Jean said...

oooh! Yummy!!

Thanks for the recipe sweetie!

How have you been???

I'm finally taking time to craft, while inventory and taxes wait. =/
Feels so good to be making things again.

blessings and hugs

bj