Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Grace's Journal

Today I'm linking up with Stamping Ground's What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday.
This is an art journal I'm making for our 11 year old granddaughter, Grace.

Almost everything is laid out and ready to be glued and sewn.  The front cover will look something like this.  The white flower is actually a new stamp still in the package.  It will be stamped on distressed cardstock  The background fabric is canvas that has been coffee dyed and ironed.  I love the marbling look!
This is the back cover.  There will also be flowers stamped on distressed cardstock on the green fabric.  Green is Grace's favorite color!

The inside of the front cover has a pocket and the little green square will be embellished.
The inside of the back cover also has a pocket.  The tags will be covered with vintage ledger paper and the flower will be stamped on them.
The journal is 7.5" x 9.75" and I picked it up at the grocery store.
I took Gail Schmidt's Fabric and Lace Composition Journal class over at Shabby Cottage StudioVery fun!  I plan on making more of her classes!
Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by~Thanks!

25 comments:

Susanne said...

Oh I must take a class like that. Your project looks wonderful. Happy WOYWW!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ooo! Karen this is really a lovely journal and well made - colour combo etc. Happy WOYWW! Thanks for pooping by my place too,
Shaz In Oz.xx

Theresa Plas said...

The journal is wonderful Karen! Will be so much fun gifting it to your granddaughter! Any tips on adhesives for fabrics?

Glenda said...

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Can you make me one too! that is so gorgeous! You are so talented!

Clare (89)

Lovey said...

Beautiful journal! That's great that you could take Gail's class...she is awesome!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I hope you are going to let us see the finished project. Grace must be so proud of what her gran has created for her.

Barbara Jean said...

Love it!! Gorgeous colors and layout!
Glad you are feeling like creating again. =)

big hugs

bj

Anonymous said...

Wow, Grace is going to be so happy, that journal, even in it's unfinished state, is stunningly beautiful.

Hugs
Brenda 100

katemade designs said...

great book. She'll love it.

Mrs A. said...

Love, love your journal. Sheer inspiration. Thanks for stopping by my blog. The Ace of hearts is already on a previous post and Hope to show the Ace of Diamonds very shortly so keep coming by.
Hugs Mrs A. #92

Wiccababe said...

wow, that looks fantastic
Debbi #39

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wonderful, love the journal, loving all the fabric Karen! Kim

HarmonySweetpea said...

Wow, such lovely work. Thanks for sharing :-)

Marjo said...

Gorgeous Journal, Grace is sure to love it...

Thanks for the peek and sharing. Happy WOYWW, hugs Marjo #10

Trece said...

The journal is lovely! I'm sure Gracie will love it. And I'll be she can refill it, right??

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I appreciate it.

Dru said...

Hi Karen - what a beautiful project for your granddaughter - I'm sure Grace will treasure it. Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting me and leaving such a nice comment.

Zue said...

This is going to be so gorgeous when it is done. I look forward to seeing it stage by stage.
Sue xx 67

Barbara Mason said...

Karen, your granddaughter is going to treasure this journal!

HeARTworks said...

Hi! I love making journals! This is a pretty one for Grace, I'm sure she'll love it! Patsy from
HeARTworks

FOLLOW:a

Angie said...

This is beautiful and I hope all your work and the love that is going in to it is appreciated and kept as a memory

okienurse said...

Gorgeous journal. I am sure your granddaughter is going to love it. Thanks for sharing.

Tertia said...

Lucky granddaughter, that is an awesome book!
Happy WOYWW
Tertia 110

Nicky said...

Wow this is a great journal - love the colours you have chosen ~ Nicky 24

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--this is purely amazing!!! I love this journal AND I LOVE her name on it!!! WOW!