Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Style Statement

I am a reader, a lover of books so much that even the feeling of the pages against my fingers is part of the joy.  There's no one favorite book, but rather many favorites within a variety of subjects.  (I'll be putting together my personal favorites list as time goes by.)

I came across a dynamic and thought-provoking book over at Green Paper that Mary has on her favorites list.  Its called "Style Statement."  To quote, in part, from the front flap:

"Two Words to Live By
Your 'Style Statement' defines your authentic self.  It is a compass for creating a life that reflects
what's true to you in everyway.  From your wisdom to your wardrobe, from your longings to
your living room -- your Style Statement is where your essence meets your expression."


Where your essense meets your expression. Powerful words and exactly my desire.  I was hooked.  Somewhere towards the end of this book everything fell into place for me and I knew what belonged and what didn't belong in my life.   For the first time in a book like this, I filled out every page and answered every question. Yes, some of it was hard work but it was good work. Rewarding work.  I like to be rewarded.  :)  This is not a "heavy pop psychology" book, but rather a journaling 'aha' moment experience, a diving board into introspection if you will.

I highly recommend Style Statement.  You can pick it up used at Amazon.
Have a wonderful Tuesday dear friends!

No comments: